Emergency Maneuver PackageHere at All Star Driving School we like to insure that our students get the best in quality during their on the road training sessions. To ensure their safety on the road we offer an emergency maneuver package to go along with the basic 10 hours that is offered with the standard course. The package will involve 2 full hours of instruction that will cover the following maneuvers:
1. Gravel Shoulder RecoveryStudent must learn to recover and control vehicle if it drifts onto a gravel shoulder.
2. Head On AvoidanceSame as above, yet in this maneuver the students are taught how to avoid cars passing from the opposite lane in to their lane. This will allow the student to prevent and avoid a head on collision.
3. Rear Crash AvoidanceStudent is taught how to respond correctly to a car that is about to hit them from behind. Emphasis is placed on hand over hand steering and also on being aware of their blind spots.
4. Avoidance SwervingStudent is taught to respond correctly to an object that has just fallen into their path at 40Km/h. Emphasis is placed on proper steering and eyes ahead, always looking into their space on the road and where they want to go.
5. Threshold Braking/ABS Emergency StopThe object of this procedure is to have the student stop as soon as possible using the best braking procedure without the brakes locking up. Avoiding locking of the brakes will prevent the car from sliding and also will stop the car more quickly and efficiently.
6. Brake and AvoidWith this maneuver students are still using the threshold braking technique, but you are now approaching the object pylons at a faster speed (60Km/h) and will not be able to stop in time, therefore to avoid hitting object you must pick an escape route ahead of time (Left or Right) and swerve.
Trained professionals teach all of our sessions. Most of the lessons will be given in a parking lot using pylons as obstacles in the drivers way yet, gravel shoulder recovery will be taught on the road ONLY when it is safe to do so. The cost of the package is $200.00 and it covers all the basic maneuvers mentioned above. We stress that every student consider putting in the extra time and money to learn these procedures because it could help them become a more safe and cautious driver.